White Lotus

My photo
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
I wished to dedicate this blog to all sentient beings. At the same time, it is my intention to share my humble knowledge of the Buddha Dharmma with all. Upon reading these articles, may all sentient beings acquire some spiritual wisdom. Om Shanti Shanti Shanti Yours in the Dharmma, White Lotus

May 17, 2009

Homage

Greed is the root of heedlessness,
A cause of strife is greed.
Greed into enslavement drags,
A hungry ghost one will in future be.
The Buddha who greed's nature fully knows
I worship Him the Greed-free One.

Hate is the root of turbulence,
And Ugliness results from hate.
Through hatred much destruction comes,
To an infernal world one will in future go.
The Buddha who hate's nature fully knows
I worship him, the Hate-free One.

Delusion is the root of all this misery,
Creator of all ills is ignorant delusion.
Mind's blindness from delusion stems,
As a dumb animal one will in future live.
The Buddha who delusion's nature fully knows
I worship Him, the Undeluded One.


(A Traditional,devotional Pali Text from Sri Lanka.Source unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment